Let's start at the conception!!

At the ripe old age of 46 my teenage son has taught me how to set up this blog.  I have always fancied myself writing a book, however, I have never really found the time to sit and start. This is going to be closest I will get for now.

The title "Plus 2 Minus 2" has come to me amidst another year of beginning with feeling  over weight, unhealthy and having not really done anything about it to change. As I creep closer to 50 I just know that I must actually make myself more accountable and finally think about the next stage of my life.

If we were to talk in terms of seasons, I guess one could say that I am about to enter the autumn years. The 'Summer' season was so easy. I could basically eat and drink what I liked and still remain fairly hot looking. 'Summer' meant white slim fit jeans, tops that could stop just over the waist and of course swimwear which could be paraded quite confidently. Even after having the boys I didn't realise how fortunate I was with what I had. How foolish and vain I was to actually think that at 176cm (6ft9in) and weighing 75kg (165lb) was not good enough. I was 33 years old, and now 13 years later I am thankfully the same height! But now 25kg (55lb) heavier.
So how did it happen? How does one become accidentally overweight? I hadn't changed anything.

I can't even begin to tell you the diet books and types of diets I have tried. Each time I have fervently read it and submitted myself to all it's requirements, restrictions and guidelines. I have followed it with vigour and actually seen the results, great, quick and pleasing results. However, these changes were too drastic, too extreme and some just too ridiculous! Am I hearing many "Amen" out there sisters? It's that Inability to sustain the pattern that has been asked of us. Even the most world renown diet company and all it's points etc was not able to help!! Why?..... well first because they keep changing their ideas on what is going to really work THIS time, and secondly because I needed to use the weekly fee to buy the all the types of food!
No matter what I tried it just didn't seem to be something I could project myself still doing in 5 years.  Maybe my head space wasn't in the right place either? Maybe I don't have enough willpower? Although I am unusually a very determined lady. So why couldn't I set my mind to losing this weight?

Over the next weeks, and most probably months I would like you to journey with me as I share with you more about this concept of Plus2Minus2. I want you to share any of your thoughts if this has been you and maybe we can do this together. Over the next few days your homework is to write down what are the real and truthful reasons you have struggled to lose weight or even conquer something you are struggling with. We will meet soon.
God Bless

Comments

Popular Posts