Know your limitations

No matter how many times I have tried to grow a vegetable garden I have failed. I am truly the worst gardener. If the world ended and we had to fend for ourselves, my poor family would be going very hungry. Everything in me wants to grow a vege garden. Even if it means adding the odd thing to a salad, but no. I can't even grow potatoes! I buy all the books, read them with such hopes and excitement. I go out, plant them and nurture them, but sure enough true to form, they do not produce. If they do happen to produce then it would only be enough to feed Thumbelina and her family for a week.

If I really decided to think about why I can't grow vegetables properly there would no doubt be a number of reasons. But that is not what today is about. Today is about knowing my limitations and making a choice to not get upset about something I am simply no good at (for now!)
Spending a bit more money on buying the fresh vegetables is far less stressful. I need to take stock and decide to not beat myself up over this.

You see, my other limitation I have, which I absolutely can't stand doing, is exercise. That could quite simply be why I struggle to get my shape back. I just don't like it. The thought of either getting up early or going after work to a gym just turns me cold. So many women love it. They have been at home all day and as soon as hubby comes home they are out of here. Not me. From the time I get home, I am getting in washing, preparing dinner, and organising life for the evening and tomorrow! Believe me I have tried all sorts, however, I just can't conjure up the mojo to love it. So now, since Plus 2 Minus 2 I have stopped making myself feel like a loser. Quite simply girls, because this is my life, my journey and my story. I must stop comparing myself to others and trying to live their life. Each of us have completely different days, different needs and or course different levels of motivation. I would rather clean the outside of the house and mow the lawns than walk on treadmill anytime.
I am not ready to add exercise to my Plus 2 list yet. Because I am not ready to commit to mastering it. I want to get the easier things under my belt first.

Homework is to think about the things that are your limitations. Be honest and write down the things you want on your list, but are not ready to deal with just yet. How is your list going? I am so proud of myself for nearly nailing the only 3 x coffee of a day. Small steps.

Comments

Popular Posts