Who tipped the scales??!!

Actually choosing to find the time to blog has become a luxury. Just like taking a bath, having an entire block of chocolate all to yourself and sitting and doing nothing. All luxuries which have minimal cost. How ridiculous has it become??
I am turning 50 at the end of this year. Is it a turning point for me you ask? maybe, probably, what direction will I go? To be honest, a lot will stay the same for me, I am at a time now where the boys are becoming independent and can feed themselves if they are hungry, one of them will shower at the exact time every day, the other one does need a reminder. They keep their rooms amazingly spotless for teenage boys, which is strange all in itself right!

So instead of it being a turning point, I think it's going to be a dig deeper and grow some roots. I would like it to be a stop, look and listen time. I don't want to have a midlife crisis, I can't afford the time or the money. Hubby is turning 50 in a few weeks and wants a tattoo and a big bushy beard. Well, I think I got off quite lightly there. Me, well I just want to start paying for waxing, the odd manicure and to get my hair done more than 3 times a year. Simple really.

Time to tip the scales back to a balance for both of us. I have said to my darling, that we will be sitting and facing each other one day and it will just be us, the boys will be gone, it is then that we will find out if we are still best friends and can last the next journey. In light of that, we need to balance the scales and go back to when it all began. Unload the baggage, to old for it, and can't afford the price of a counsellor. We need to remember what made us laugh together and what this is all about.

Comments

  1. Can't believe you are nearly 50, I like you am reevaluating life and where i'm heading.

    Nice blog looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts